Victorville “V”

Victorville V

Victorville “V”

Directions

From the parking lot of the Victor Valley Jr. High School Gym you will have an unobstructed view of the Victorville “V”.
 
Notes
In 1930 the Victor Valley High School site was where Victor Valley Jr. High is currently located. The Victorville “V” was placed on the side of the hill as a landmark for the high school. Keith Gunn, then high school football coach and shop teacher, later to become principal, spearheaded the project of the “V”. Southwestern Portland Cement Co. donated the cement and the students of the high school football team were responsible for the actual installation.
William E. Mutschler –

Similar Posts
Sagebrush Inn: Route 66
Now, there is no question that Bessie catered to some wild goings on at the Sage Brush Inn, but the...
The Las Vegas Mormon Fort
A Midpoint Waystation on the Mormon Road In April 1855, Brigham young, President of the church of Jesus Christ of...
The Black Bridge
“One of Victor’s (Jacob Nash Victor) greatest contributions was supervision of a number of bridges constructed in San Bernardino County....